Samuel F. Gearhart
News Letter Archive
Welcome to the Samuel F. Gearhart Detachment 656 (Jefferson City / central MO area) of the Marine Corps League. Join us as we fulfill our mission to “. . . join together in camaraderie and fellowship . . . ” to promote the interests of freedom, the Marine Corps, and the United States; and to assist the Marines and other veterans of our community.
Members of the Marine Corps League preserve the traditions and promote the interests of the United States Marine Corps, banding together those who are now serving and those who have been honorably discharged to promote the ideals of American freedom and democracy. We voluntarily aid and render assistance to all Marines, FMF Corpsmen, and former Marines and FMF Corpsmen and to their widows and orphans.
Incorporated by an act of Congress in 1937, the Marine Corps League perpetuates the traditions and spirit of ALL Marines who proudly wear the eagle, globe, and anchor of the Corps.
- League and Auxiliary meetings are on the first Tuesday of the month at 1900 (with chow at 1800). Current and prospective members are welcome! Upcoming meetings:
- Tuesday, 7 March
- Tuesday, 4 April
- St. Patrick's evening at the bunker on Friday, 17 March at 1730
- Central MO Pound #77 Military Order of the Devil Dogs Texas Hold 'Em tournament on Saturday, 18 March (see the flyer, tell your family and friends)
- Trivia night (open to the public) on Saturday, 25 March (see the flyer, tell your family and friends)
- Monthly Dining Out on Thursday, 23 March at 1830 at Fuji Steakhouse at the Capital Mall (RSVP required by Monday, 20 March)
- BBQs are held on the following dates at Schulte's Fresh Foods (Jefferson City). We sell chicken, pork steak, and rib dinners with our famous Tun Tavern baked beans and cole slaw (or chicken and pork steak sandwiches, and rib slabs).
- Saturday, 1 April
- Saturday, 29 April
- Saturday, 13 May
- Saturday, 9 September
- Saturday, 7 October
- Central MO Pound #77 Military Order of the Devil Dogs Texas Hold 'Em tournament on Saturday, 8 April
- 9th Annual Devil Dog Par 3 “Fun” Tournament on Saturday, 20 May (see the flyer)
Visit and like our Facebook page to see announcements and events!